Daniel Hall had just fallen asleep in his apartment on Factory Street in Watertown on Sunday evening, when he heard a growing commotion.
“I said, ‘What’s going on, officers?'” Hall said. “He said, ‘This place is being condemned, so I’ll allow you to get a couple things just for the night, and tomorrow, hopefully, we’ll be up and running.’ I said, ‘no problem.‘“
However, there was a problem, a very big problem.
After a fire alarm went off earlier, it was determined the building had a faulty fire system, a violation of code. Hall says he has since learned that code officers later found plumbing and electrical issues, as well as concerns about living conditions.
Continue Reading on Spectrum Local News