Gotham Street apartment building saved after burning trash removed

in Local News 151 views

No injuries were reported after trash caught fire at 305 Gotham St. early Monday morning, Battalion Chief Ronald V. Wareham said.

He said crews were dispatched to a possible structure fire, with smoke visible at the second floor of the building.

There was a bag of trash inside the kitchen area of an apartment that was on fire, Mr. Wareham said. The bag was removed from the apartment and was on the sidewalk when the fire department arrived.

“There was a large amount of smoke inside the structure, but no fire once the fire department got there, it was outside,” he said. “Somebody was able to grab the bag of trash that was burning and get it out of the building.”

Continue Reading on yahoo!sports

Go to Top