The city’s water system is back to normal after the massive water main break last week.
The boil-water advisory and conserve-water notice were lifted Monday afternoon.
In a press release, the city said the water quality has been thoroughly tested, and after consultation with the state Department of Health, confirmed it meets all state and federal drinking water standards.
The city dealt with a massive line break Wednesday night that caused most of the city to lose running water the next day.
To ensure the continued safety and quality of water supply, the city recommends allowing faucets to run until a detectable change in temperature is felt.
“In the event that you encounter discolored or dirty water, we advise you to let your taps run until the water clears,” the press release said.
If the issue persists, residents and business should not hesitate to contact the city’s water distribution team, which is available to provide assistance and address any concerns, by calling 315-785-7757.
Following the water main break, teams from the city, state and private sector worked to repair and restore the water system, ensuring the safety and reliability of the city’s water supply, city officials said.
Through their diligent efforts, the necessary precautions were taken to safeguard the integrity of the water distribution network, allowing residents and businesses to resume normal water usage on Monday without any restrictions.
Continue Reading on NNY360